How Our Affiliate Network Benefits You
One of the major benefits of being a ClickBank vendor is having access to our huge network of over 100,000 active affiliates who can promote your product and help increase your sales. Working with an affiliate network is one of the best ways to offer a product and grow your business, since you only spend "marketing" dollars when your product actually sells. There's practically no risk.
If you're not familiar with the way an affiliate network works, here's a summary:
- Once ClickBank approves your product for sale, it is listed in the ClickBank Marketplace.
- Affiliates (Internet marketers who promote and advertise products in exchange for a commission on the sale) regularly search the Marketplace for interesting new products to promote.
- An affiliate sees your product and decides to promote your product. They advertise it in many different places online, using a variety of paid and free promotional techniques, such as writing about it on their blog or paying for advertising on search engines.
- Their efforts drive potential customers to your Pitch Page, where customers read about your product and decide to buy. The affiliate also receives credit for these sales using a HopLink.
Having affiliates promote your product for you can be a hugely profitable way to offer your product, since affiliates bear the burden of advertising costs and time. Since you only pay out affiliates when a sale actually occurs, you don't have to waste any money on advertising that doesn't result directly in sales.
Listing Your Product in the ClickBank Marketplace
The easiest way to get affiliates to promote your product is to list it in the ClickBank Marketplace with a compelling description. Affiliates regularly search for new products to promote, since they're always looking for "the next big thing." To get your product listed in the ClickBank Marketplace and available for affiliates to promote, follow the steps in the Creating Your First Product article.
An important thing to remember when creating your Marketplace Description is that this description should be targeted to affiliates, since they use this description to decide which products to promote. Some things you may want to highlight are:
- If you offer a generous commission percentage (this can be as high as 75%). Affiliates want to earn as much as possible from each sale, so they are more likely to promote products with a generous commission rate.
- If you offer a page for affiliates with useful tools or information for promoting your product. Any help you can provide affiliates in promoting your product will make their lives easier and make them more likely to want to promote your product.
- Your conversion rate (the rate at which visits turn into sales), especially if it's high.
- If your product has a low return rate. This is very important to affiliates, since if a customer asks for a refund, the affiliate loses their commission. Obviously, they want to promote products that are rarely refunded, so they keep as much of their earnings as possible.
- If your product has any other unique benefits or features that help affiliates or make it especially appealing to customers. It's important for you to stand out amongst other products in the Marketplace if you want affiliates to notice your product and take a chance on it.
For more tips on how to write a compelling Marketplace Description and get more affiliates to promote your product, see the Attracting Affiliates to Promote Your Offerings article.