As of November 29, 2023, ClickBank Sellers can now snag the Direct Offer Tracking script to add to the "head" section of their offer page HTML to offer affiliates an alternative tracking method to HopLinks.
Related: Direct Offer Tracking for Sellers
While HopLinks are still a highly reliable form of attribution tracking, Direct Offer Tracking on ClickBank gives affiliates a modern tracking option that can offer the following benefits:
- Enables affiliate tracking without HopLinks
- An alternative tracking method that does not utilize multiple redirects
- Potentially improved conversions with streamlined user experience
- Improved affiliate tracking technology, offering increased protection against browser switching and cookie clearing
- Ad-platform friendly
- Easy to implement
- Fully compatible with existing ClickBank tracking features, including affiliate encryption to protect against spyware
- Replaces any current "hop-less" attribution work-arounds
Additionally, with the implementation of the tracking script, sellers also stand to experience enhanced tracking benefits even with the use of HopLinks over direct tracking links.
The tracking script appends an identifying code on the HopLink landing page, where a seller's payment link is typically located. This same identifying code is also appended to any HopLink that is detected by the tracking script. These codes are used as one of several sets of data to ensure accurate attribution for the referring affiliate.
In the following weeks, ClickBank will release the second portion of this feature: an improved Affiliate Link Tools section that includes the option to create encrypted direct link URLs, depending on if the seller offers Direct Offer Tracking.
Additionally, ClickBank will update Direct Offer Tracking Reporting. Client communications will be sent once both of these feature pieces are available.
Additional Resources & Related Articles
- KNOWLEDGE BASE: Direct Offer Tracking for Sellers
- KNOWLEDGE BASE: Direct Offer Tracking for Affiliates
- KNOWLEDGE BASE: How do I add additional HopLink Landing Pages to my account?