You can sign up for a ClickBank account to begin working as an affiliate.
The following subjects are covered in this article:
To sign up for an account follow the steps below:
- Go to the ClickBank Signup Form.
- Fill out the requested information:
- Location – Select a default language and enter your country of residence.
- Contact Information – Enter your contact information, including name, address, phone number, email address, and email format.
- Account Nickname – Choose an account nickname. Your nickname is used to log in to the user interface, is part of your payment links, and is entered in the comment field of checks sent to you by ClickBank. It must be between five and ten characters and must use only letters and numbers. Your nickname cannot be changed once your account is created.
- Password – Create a password for your account. The character and length restrictions are displayed on the signup page. You can reset your password at any point, either through the UI or by having a password reset email sent to the email address associated with your account.
- Payee Name – The payee name is the business or person who receives payments from your ClickBank account. You can change the payee name at any time.
- Client Contract – Review the Client Contract and check the box indicating that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- reCAPTCHA – Complete the reCAPTCHA challenge.
- Click Submit Account Registration.
The ClickBank Client Survey is displayed, and a confirmation email is sent to the email address that you provided.
- Fill out the ClickBank Client survey and click Submit Survey.
The ClickBank University page is displayed. Optionally, you can sign up for ClickBank University to learn more.
- Open the confirmation email and click the confirmation link.
Your email address is confirmed and your account is fully created.
- Internet Explorer – Select the Tools menu and choose Internet Options. Click on Security and make sure the security level zone is set to Medium-High. Then click on Privacy and set the cookies level to Medium.
Once you've signed up for your ClickBank account and received your password, you can log in at any time by clicking Log In at the top of the ClickBank site, entering your nickname and your password, and passing the reCAPTCHA challenge. If you forget your password, you can get a new one by clicking Forgot Your Password? below the login boxes.
We accept affiliates and vendors from over 150 countries. To see a full list of accepted countries, visit our signup page and enter your country name in the Country field. If your country does not appear, you cannot sign up for a ClickBank account. We cannot make any exceptions to this rule.
If you move to a country that is not accepted, you will no longer be able to use your ClickBank account. If you are planning to move to a country that is not accepted, you may want to close your account to avoid forfeiting money.
U.S. based Affiliate accounts earning over $600 are required to have a taxpayer ID number of some kind linked to their account, at a minimum a social security number. If inputting a social security number, be sure to use the proper 9-digit format including dashes: 123-45-6789.
ClickBank encourages U.S. based Affiliates earning over $600 a year to obtain an IRS issued Employer Identification Number (EIN) to input into your account as a taxpayer ID number. If you do not have one already, you can get yours at the IRS website. Note that this is a free process. The IRS will either provide your number online, or mail it to you. Once you have obtained your EIN please be sure to key it in to all of your ClickBank accounts, in this 9-digit format: 12-3456789. This helps to simplify the year-end 1099 reporting requirement.
Note: The taxpayer ID number input to your account must match the payee name on the account. If you are utilizing a business payee name but reporting under an individual social security number, you will need to fax a completed IRS W-9 form to us at 559-210-0502. Be sure to include a cover sheet that indicates your account nickname.
Second note: If you are utilizing a U.S. address but are a beneficial resident of a foreign country, you will instead need to fax a completed IRS W-8ben form to us at 559-210-0502. Be sure to include a cover sheet that indicates your account nickname.