Attention New Users: If you are a ClickBank user that signed up for a ClickBank account after 10/29/19, make sure you navigate from the Master Account to the operational page of ClickBank before proceeding with these instructions.
To update your client contact information in your ClickBank account, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Log in to your ClickBank Account.
Using your log in credentials, access your ClickBank account.
Step 2: Click the Account Settings tab.
Locate the horizontal navigation bar near the top of the screen and click the Account Settings tab. Clicking this tab directs you to the My Account page.
Step 3: Locate the Account Information box, or the Contact Information box, depending on what information you want to update.
The first two information boxes on the My Account page are the Account Information box and the Contact Information box. Here’s the information you can update in these boxes:
ClickTip: ClickBank Accounts connected with an Account Nickname that were created on or after 10/29/19 are not affiliated with a unique password. This means that you cannot change the password for these accounts. The password to access these accounts is connected to the email address you used in the sign-up process.
Account Information Box
- Payee Name: The Payee Name can be a business name (like an LLC or a corporation) or the name of an individual. When ClickBank issues your payment, it will be issued to the payee provided in this field.
- Address: In this field, provide your physical address, or the address of your business.
- Tax ID: You can use your social security number (SSN) or your employer identification number (EIN) in this position. An EIN is a unique identification number issued to businesses by the IRS.
- Account Password: Use the Change Password link provided here to change your password.
- Account Survey: Use the Update Survey Information link here to update the account survey. The account survey contains information about how you plan to use your ClickBank account, how much experience you have, how wide of an audience you reach, and what product categories you plan to sell or promote.
- Name: In this field, provide your first and last name. This field is not the same as your Payee Name.
- Account Email: In this space, provide an email address that will be used for correspondence between yourself and ClickBank. This email address will not be used for any other correspondence unless you do not provide a specific email address for customer communication.
- Account Phone: Provide a phone number here for communication with ClickBank. This phone number will not be provided to anyone else.
- Preferred Language: Select your preferred language for user interface and email communications.
- Time Zone: In this field, select your preferred time zone.
- Email Format: You can select to receive your emails in HTML or text format.
- Transactional Email: In this area, provide the email address that you would like to receive customer-facing emails to. These emails include sale notifications, refund/chargeback notifications, and cancellation notifications.
- Communication Emails: This section is where you edit what kind of emails you receive from ClickBank. You can choose to receive event emails, product alerts, and/or promotional offers. Or, you can opt out of receiving them.
ClickTip: Your Account Nickname cannot be changed once your account has been created.
Step 4: Click Edit.
Once you have selected the information you would like to edit, click Edit in the upper right-hand corner of the specific box where that information is located. Clicking Edit directs you to an editor feature and allows you to update your information.
Step 5: Update your information.
Update your information in the corresponding field.
ClickTip: If you change your account email, payee name, or street address, you must confirm the change via a confirmation email (sent from “email@example.com). Also, making these changes will prevent you from making any additional changes for a seven-day period.
Step 6: Click the Save Changes button.
Once you have updated your information, click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the screen. Once you click this button your information will be saved. Depending on the field you updated, you may receive a confirmation email. If that is the case, click the confirmation link to activate your changes.
ClickTip: To update your payment information, check out this article.