Before you can submit your product for approval, you must create and test a payment link. A payment link is a unique link that directs customers from a seller's Pitch Page to the ClickBank order form. Testing your payment link ensures that the link is effective before you offer the product to potential customers. It also helps expedite the approval process.
You cannot test a payment link with actual credit card data. You will need to use test credit card data that is provided by ClickBank. These instructions will go over how to get that data and how to use it to test your payment link.
Note: Before proceeding with these instructions, make sure you have signed up for a ClickBank account and have a functional pitch page complete with a payment link to the ClickBank order form.
- Instructions on how to sign up for a ClickBank account
- Information on creating a Pitch Page
- Step-by-step article on creating a payment link
Step 1: Log in to your account.
Step 2: Click the Vendor Settings tab.
Step 3: Click My Site.
Step 4: Locate the Testing Your Products box and click Edit.
Step 5: Click Generate New Card Number.
Step 6: Complete the security task and click Finish.
Step 7: Use the mock credit card data provided to complete a test purchase of your product by navigating to your current Pitch Page and clicking your payment link.
ClickTip: If you receive an error message during your test purchase process, here are some things to check:
- Is your payment link set up correctly?
- Is your ClickBank account nickname spelled correctly?
- Did you enter the test credit card information correctly?
- Do you have correct item number listed in the payment link?
- Have you saved your Thank You Page URL in the My Products section of your account?
Step 8: Complete the purchase.
Step 9: Wait for your product approval. Once you have tested your payment link, the product approval process will proceed.
Additional Resources & Related Articles
- KNOWLEDGE BASE ARTICLE: How to Create a Payment Link