Before you can start selling products in the ClickBank Marketplace or via ClickBank Affiliates, you must add a product, or products, to your account. Here’s a helpful “how to” resource to walk you through that process.
How to Add a New Product to a ClickBank Vendor Account
Step 1: Log in to your ClickBank Vendor account.
Using your ClickBank login credentials, log in to your ClickBank Vendor account.
ClickTip: If you created a ClickBank Account on or after 10/29/19, you CANNOT use your Account Nickname to login to that account. Account Nicknames are no longer affiliated with a unique password. Instead, you MUST use your email address as your login credential.
Step 2: Locate and click the “Vendor Settings” tab.
On the horizontal navigatiol bar at the top of your screen, click the “Vendor Settings” tab. Clicking this tab reveals an additional horizontal navigation bar below it.
Step 3: Locate and click the “My Products” tab.
Once the additional horizontal navigation bar is revealed, locate the “My Products” tab. Once you’ve found it, click this tab.
Step 4: Click the “Product” option.
Locate the “Add New” text and click the “Product” button to the right of it. This button will direct you to the “Create a New Product” page.
Step 5: Select your product type from the “Select Product Type” dropdown menu.
Once you are directed to the “Create a New Product” page, click the dropdown menu to select the type of product you will be offering from a list of available product types.
Step 6: Enter the product details into the new product fields.
Depending on what product type you selected from the drop-down menu, the new product information requirements may differ. The required fields are marked with a red asterisk. Below, find more information about these fields.
- Product Category: Select a product category descriptor from the list that best suits the category your product belongs in. You can select more than one category for your product.
- Item Number: Your item number is used as a tracking mechanism by the system and by you as a ClickBank Vendor.
ClickTip: Your product is automatically assigned an “Item Number” by the system. You can keep this number as is, or you can edit it to your preferences. In addition to numbers, your Item Number can include letters and dashes.
- Product Title: The product title is the name of the product that is visible to customers and will be listed on the ClickBank Order Form. Your product title cannot exceed 70 characters.
- Language: From the drop-down menu, select the language that the product or product information is in.
- Image: At this point, you cannot upload an image into your product details. Once your product has been approved by the ClickBank Product Approval Team, you will be able to upload an image for your product.
- Pitch Page URL: The Pitch Page URL is the URL (or web address) of your Pitch Page. This is the page that customers are directed to to make a purchase.
- Mobile Pitch Page URL: If you have a different URL for your Pitch Page that has been specifically formatted for mobile display, provide it here.
- Product Currency: You can select the currency that your product is in, however all sales are reported in US dollars.
- Product Price: This is where you list the price of your product.
- Commission: You can select a commission rate from 1-75%. If you would like to offer a higher commission rate, contact ClickBank to arrange that specific rate.
ClickTip: If you want to offer different commission rates for different affiliates, you must check the “Allow Commission Tiers to override these settings” box. As a CLickBank Vendor, you may plan to have commission tiers set up that allow affiliates who drive more traffic to earn more commission. If you do not check this box, the rates affiliated with the commission tiers will not be honored.
- Digital Product Upload: If you are offering a digital product, you can upload it here so that it can be delivered to the customer upon purchase via ClickBank
- Thank You Page URL: In this field, provide your Thank You Page URL. Your Thank You Page is the page that customers are directed to after they have completed their purchase at the ClickBank Order Form.
- Mobile Thank You Page URL: If you have a Thank You Page specifically formatted for mobile usage, provide it here.
- Shipping Profile: The shipping profile dropdown applies to physical products.
- Delivery Method: If you are adding a physical product, provide the name of your preferred shipping carrier.
- Delivery Speed: In this field, provide the delivery speed you plan to ship your physical product at.
Step 7: Click “Save & Request Approval.”
Because your product has not been approved yet, you must submit it to the ClickBank Product Approval Team for approval. To save your product details and submit your product for approval at the same time, click this button.
Step 8: Complete and submit the “Request Product Approval” form.
Once you click the “Save & Request Approval” button, you will be directed to the “Request Product Approval” page. Provide all of the required information on this page and then click “Submit.”
Step 9: Wait for your product to be approved by the ClickBank Product Approval Team.
Once you submit the “Request Product Approval” form, the status of your product will change to “Pending Approval;” The account approval process can take 3-5 business days.
Once your product is approved, the status of your submitted product will change on your “My Products” page from “Pending Approval” to “Approved.” At this point, your order form is live and customers can proceed with purchases.