- Admin-Enabled Feature
- Creating a Countdown Timer
- Countdown Timer Options
- Using a Countdown Timer
The Countdown Timer is an additional feature that can be placed on either the Basic Custom Order Form or the Default Order From that provides the ability to create a sense of urgency around your product and drive customers to take advantage of a time-sensitive offer. Creating a timer is simple and straightforward and can be completed in just a few minutes following the steps below.
The countdown timer can be applied to any Basic or Default Customer Order Form you create. You can create different styles and types of countdown timers, but the timer must contain a legitimate, truthful time-sensitive offer.
This is an admin-enabled feature. To use this feature please contact ClickBank.
- Log in to your ClickBank account.
- Click the Vendor Settings tab.
- Click My Order Form.
- Click Countdown Timers.
- Click Add New Template.
Clicking the Add New Template button will open the Countdown Timer template editor. Once in the template editor you will see a Customizable WYSIWYG editor that allows you to build your countdown timer.
There are several options to choose from when building your timer to provide you with ultimate flexibility in building your offer.
- Name: This is the name of your timer that will be displayed in your list of saved timers. This name will not be visible on the order form
- Type: There are two choices in this section, Static and Dynamic.
- Static timers allow you to set a date in the future that the timer will expire, i.e 25 Jan 2019 8:00:00 PM MST. NOTE: All timer expirations in this mode must be set relative to Mountain Standard Time.
- Dynamic timers allow you to set a fixed amount of time for the user to take advantage of your offer before the offer expires. For example, 20 minutes, 1 hour etc.
- Expiration Action: This is the event that occurs when the timer expires before the customer completes the order. There are two options to give you flexibility in how to build your offering.
- Not Available – If the timer expires with this action selected, the Pay Now button will become inactive and the end user will not be able to complete the current order.
- New Payment Link – If the timer expires with this action selected, the user will be re-directed to a new pay link that you can build directly within the countdown timer template builder.
- If the New Payment Link option is chosen the following set of Order Form Options will be displayed.
- These Order Form Options will allow you to customize your payment link to add additional parameters such as; Product number, Upsell Flow, Coupon, Order Form Skin, and Exit offer.
For example if you would like the New Payment link to direct to a Custom Order Form that you have created, you would click on “Select Skin” then select from one of your accounts previously approved Order Form Skins. (NOTE: If no Skin is chosen the new Payment Link will default to the Default Order Form.)
In the Field “VTID” you can add a Vendor Tracking ID to your Payment link.
Any custom parameters outside of the preselected options can be added by clicking the “Add Custom Parameters”.
- Position: This setting controls the position of the timer itself on the Order Form. You can choose from two options.
- Header: which places the timer at the top of the page
- Payment: which places the timer directly above the Pay Now button
- Background Color: Change the background color of the timer to provide a tailored and branded look and feel to your timer.
- Block Color: Change the color of the countdown blocks or to provide a tailored and branded look and feel to your timer.
- Time Color: Change the color of the numbers within the timer to provide a tailored and branded look and feel to your timer.
- Custom Text: Use this section to create a call to action or describe your offer. This text will be visible to the customer, within the timer block, when viewing the order form.
After completing your timer setup, click Save in the lower right corner of the page to save your template. Upon successful save of your template you will be returned to the My Order From page.
Applying a timer to your order form is very straight forward. Find the timer you wish to apply in your list of Countdown Timer templates. In the far right hand column you will notice a column labeled URL Parameter. Copy the parameter you wish to use, and it to the end of your payment link.
The format is: