A custom order form lets you customize the color and images displayed on your order form. This can improve conversions by smoothing the customer's transition from pitch page to order form.
The following subjects are covered in this article:
- New Version
- Adding Images
- Creating a Custom Order Form
- Using a Custom Order Form
- Related Articles
ClickBank has switched to an updated version of our order form. The new version has a number of benefits:
- Mobile responsiveness
- Modernized appearance
- Cart abandonment notifications
The new order form uses an updated version of the Custom Order Form. If you are currently using an old Custom Order Form, it will continue to function during the migration period.
You can now create and view Custom Order Forms using the new version. The new version is displayed as New Basic in the user interface. You can use new or old Custom Order Forms, which lets you test the new order form and find a new design that works for you.
In the coming weeks, we will remove support for the old order form. Any old Custom Order Forms still in use will default to the new order form without any customization.
ClickBank’s Custom Order Form feature gives you an easy way to increase conversion rates by making the customer’s buying experience as seamless as possible. By adding your own branding, graphics and color scheme to the ClickBank Order Form, you make the transition between your Pitch Page and the ClickBank Order Form less confusing for consumers. In our beta testing with selected vendors, the Custom Order Form usually increases conversions compared to the default ClickBank Order Form.
To create a Custom Order Form, you must first have an approved product in an activated account within ClickBank. If you do not have an approved product in an activated account, you will not see the My Images or My Order Form navigation links referenced below.
Once you have an approved product, you can add images to be used in your custom order form, then create the customized order form itself.
The following image shows a custom order form with a blue background and placeholder header and upper corner images, to show the layout possibilities:
This image shows a new custom order form with a green background and a placeholder header image to show the layout possibilities:
Once you have an activated product, you can add images to use on your custom order forms.
There are two types of images that can be used: a Header Image and an Upper Corner Image. Header images have different specifications depending on which template you are using. The image specifications are as follows:
- Header Image (Classic Basic Template) – Must be in .gif, .jpg or .png file format. Width must be 760 pixels. Height may be anywhere between 40 pixels and 170 pixels. Image must be under 500kb in size.
- Header Image (New Basic Template) – Must be in .gif, .jpg or .png file format. Width must be 994 pixels. Height may be anywhere between 40 pixels and 250 pixels. Image must be under 500kb in size.
- Upper Corner Image (optional) – Must be in .gif, .jpg or .png file format. Image will repeat horizontally, so we recommend using a solid color or a vertical gradient. Width can be anywhere between 1 pixel and 20 pixels. Height must be the same as your Header Image, and can vary between 40 pixels and 170 pixels.
ClickBank is unable to accept images, image name tags, and image alt tags that contain nudity, profanity, copyrighted material or trademark names, or anything that violates any of ClickBank’s policies. ClickBank is also unable to accept images, image name tags, and image alt tags that display trust seals such as McAfee or VeriSign.
To add an image:
- Log in to your ClickBank account.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click My Images.
- Click Add New Image.
The Add New Image page is displayed. For example:
- Enter the image details:
- Name – An internal identifier for the image.
- Alt Tag – This text is displayed if the image cannot be displayed, or if a user is using a screen reader to process the page. This should be a concise description of the image.
- Image Type – Specify whether the image is a Header Image (Classic Basic Template), a Header Image (New Basic Template), or an Upper Corner Image.
- Choose an image file to upload.
- Review the ClickBank Client Contract, then confirm that the image does not violate its terms and conditions.
- Click Upload.
The image is uploaded and submitted to ClickBank for approval.
Our Business Services team will send you an approval or denial email within 1 business day.
Once your image(s) have been approved, you can create your custom order form.
- Log in to your ClickBank account.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click My Order Form.
- Click Add New Template.
The My Order Form page is displayed. For example:
- Enter your order form details:
- Type – Select Classic Basic to use the older basic order form, or NEW Basic (Mobile Optimized) to use the new basic order form.
- Template Name – A name for the order form template.
- Sidebar Color / Background Color – Choose the color (by typing in a specific hex code or choosing from the color picker we provide) that will appear on the order form page to the left and right of the box where customers enter their payment details.
- Header Image – Choose an approved image to display at the top of the order form.
- (Optional) Upper Corner Image – If you selected Basic, choose an approved image to display in the upper corner of the order form.
- Order Form Color – The color scheme of the payment details box. Select Taupe or Blue.
- Show On Success Page – Check this box to display the custom images and colors on the success page where customers access their purchases.
- Click Save Changes.
Your Custom Order Form template is now complete.
There is one step left to making your Custom Order Form active. On the My Order Form page, to the right of your existing order form template(s), you’ll see a column called URL parameter.
This parameter will look like: cbskin=#
You’ll need to copy that URL parameter, and then locate any Payment Links on your Pitch Page (for example, if you have a “Buy Now” button).
Payment Links have the following format:
Add a question mark and then the cbskin parameter to the end of each Payment Link you have. The resulting Payment Link should look like this (your cbskin number is displayed in the My Order Form section):
Once you’ve updated all of your Payment Links on your Pitch Page, your Custom Order Form will start displaying to customers immediately. By creating multiple Custom Order Forms and swapping out the cbskin parameter on your Payment Links, you can test out different headers and color schemes to see what converts best for you.
PitchPlus Upsell Flows
If you are using PitchPlus Upsell Flows along with a custom order form, you must pass the skin parameter before you pass the flow ID parameter on the pay link. For example:
- Advanced Custom Order Form – This article explains how to customize your order form using CSS.