If you’re just starting out as a ClickBank vendor, it can be hard to know what you need to do to be successful. Just as importantly, there are a number of things you shouldn’t do as well! This article will talk about both, so you can avoid many of the mistakes that make life harder for many beginners.
- Check over your product information before submitting for approval.
While changes can be made to standard products after approval, it wastes valuable time and no changes can be made to Recurring billing products after they are approved, so it's best to get it right the first time.
- Make sure to complete your product approval submission by clicking the green checkmark to request approval.
Simply adding the product information won't automatically submit your product for approval. You must request that it be reviewed by filling out the Product Approval request form.
- Be available for your customers through email or by phone.
If possible, list a unique customer service phone number in your account that we can supply to customers who are having problems receiving your product and would like assistance from you. Being available to your customers helps prevent refunds and chargebacks. See the Refunds & Chargebacks article for more information.
- Make it easy and rewarding for affiliates to promote your product. For more information, see the Attracting Affiliates to Promote Your Offerings article.
- Don't ignore your customers' needs.
In the world of online products, there are often many other offers competing with yours, either directly or indirectly. Positive word of mouth about your product, including testimonials and recommendations, can make the difference between making a sale or having the customer go to a competitor. Having a reputation for quick and helpful customer service can make your product stand out from the crowd and receive more sales.
- Don't miss out on additional opportunities, such as foreign language markets and recurring billing.
These new markets are growing rapidly, and a little effort goes a long way in getting your product in front of an emerging market or setting up a product that will give you long-term returns.
- Don't waste your initial listing in the Marketplace after activation.
If you haven't chosen any categories, or don't have a title or description listed on the My Site page, you'll miss out on a great opportunity to be seen by affiliates looking for the newest products to promote on the Marketplace. Make sure to get your Marketplace title, description, and categories set up before you pay your activation fee so you won't miss out on the 30 days after activation when we automatically list your product in the Marketplace.
- Don't violate trademark or DMCA guidelines.
It's important to make sure that any images, text, and other materials you use on your site are used correctly and do not violate anyone's trademark or copyright. For more information on our DMCA policies, see our DMCA policy page.